The event will empower the next generation of leaders in the accounting and finance profession in the digital era
SINGAPORE, Sept. 14, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- IMA (Institute of Management Accountants) will hold the inaugural IMA AsiaPac Student Leadership Conference, aimed at nurturing student leadership potential in the Asia Pacific region. In collaboration with the IMA Philippines Chapter, this conference will ignite dialogues on leadership, digital transformation, and the evolving business landscape.
Taking place from 8.30 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Singapore Time - SGT) on September 30, 2023, the conference will take place at the National University - Manila, Philippines as well as virtually via Zoom. Registration for the virtual conference is free for all participants. For those interested in the in-person experience, IMA members can attend at no cost, while non-members can register for 250 Philippine PESOs. Attendees can earn up to 5.5 ICMA Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits by participating in the full event.
Dr. Josh Heniro, Ph.D., Managing Director of IMA Asia Pacific, shared his anticipation for the conference: "The IMA AsiaPac Student Leadership Conference acts as a catalyst for unlocking students' leadership potential within the ever-evolving digital landscape. It provides a holistic experience that bridges theoretical knowledge with practical insights. The collaboration with the IMA Philippines Chapter exemplifies our commitment to nurturing emerging leaders and fostering a strong network of accounting and finance professionals. This collaboration reinforces the importance of collective growth and knowledge sharing, and we are thrilled to partner with our chapter to empower the future leaders of the accounting and finance domain."
In addition to Dr. Heniro, the conference agenda boasts a diverse spectrum of sessions by industry experts, academia, student leaders, including:
- Joweeh Liao, CMA (U.S.), CPA, President, IMA Philippines Chapter, SVP, Watsons Personal Care Stores (Philippines), Inc.
- Prasart Jongjaroenkamol, Ph.D., CMA (U.S.), CSCA, Co-Director of Master of Professional Accounting program, Assistant Professor of Accounting (Education), School of Accountancy - Singapore Management University
- Dexter R. Moya, CrFA, Fractional CFO to his Clients/Assistant Vice President for Finance, Travellers International Hotel Group, Inc.
- Mark Chiu, CMA (U.S.), CSCA, CPA, Business Consulting Director, SGV & Co. (EY Philippines)
- Rhey L. Nivera, CMA (U.S.) Candidate, CPA, Executive VP, IMA Philippines Chapter, Accounting Manager, Resins Inc.
- Loudie Falguera, CMA (U.S.), CPA, VP Strategic Partnerships, IMA Philippines Chapter, Chief Financial Officer, Benby Distribution Group
- Michele Manabat, Manager, Accounting & Finance, Robert Walters Philippines
- Arriane Steffi Bacon, CMA (U.S.), VP Professional Education, IMA Philippines Chapter, Senior Associate, Ernst & Young (SGV & Co.)
- Yssabelle Callanga, 4th Year BSMA Student, Polytechnic University of the Philippines, National Council President, National Federation of Junior Philippine Institute of Accountants (NFJPIA)
"Through IMA's collaboration with its Philippines Chapter, we are paving the way for the next generation of leaders," said Joweeh Liao. "As we stand at the forefront of the inaugural AsiaPac Student Leadership Conference, we envision a transformative journey for students and young professionals. This conference transcends boundaries, bridging gaps between knowledge and action, theory, and practice. By synergizing our efforts, we create an environment where learning extends beyond the classroom, where leadership finds its roots, and where the IMA community flourishes. Together with IMA, we elevate individual aspirations and the collective vision of excellence in the accounting and profession."
For more details on the conference agenda and registration, please visit: https://asiapac.imanet.org/events/2023/september/ima-first-asiapac-student-leadership-conference
Hock International, our esteemed Platinum sponsor for the upcoming IMA AsiaPac Student Leadership Conference, is playing a vital role in supporting this event. Additionally, we extend our gratitude to Insights Financial Review, our dedicated Silver sponsor. The support of our sponsors is instrumental in paving the way for the success of this conference.
About IMA (Institute of Management Accountants)
IMA is one of the largest and most respected associations focused exclusively on advancing the management accounting profession. Globally, IMA supports the profession through research, the CMA (Certified Management Accountant) and CSCA (Certified in Strategy and Competitive Analysis) programs, continuing education, networking, and advocacy of the highest ethical business practices. Twice named Professional Body of the Year by The Accountant/International Accounting Bulletin, IMA has a global network of about 140,000 members in 150 countries and more than 350 professional and student chapters. Headquartered in Montvale, N.J., USA, IMA provides localized services through its four global regions: The Americas, Asia/Pacific, Europe and Middle East/India. For more information about IMA, please visit www.imanet.org.